Co-op program application
Our Co-op program is offered across two degrees:
Actuarial Studies Co-op
Bachelor of Actuarial Studies with Professional Practice (Honours)
UAC code 300238
Bachelor of Professional Practice and Bachelor of Professional Accounting
UAC code 302222
These highly competitive courses provide an opportunity for you to alternate between classroom studies and workplace experience in the form of three placements of three to six months each. This will allow you to apply the concepts you learn in the classroom in a professional context and to integrate your understanding from the workplace in your future studies.
Applications Open: 12:00pm (AEST) on Wednesday 1 April 2020
Applications Close: 5:00pm (AEST) on Friday 25 September 2020
To be considered for either of these courses, in addition to submitting this application form, you must also apply through the University Admissions Centre (UAC) list the appropriate course as your highest preference.
- Bachelor of Actuarial Studies with Professional Practice (Honours) (300238)
- Bachelor of Professional Practice and Bachelor of Professional Accounting (302222)
As part of the application process, you are required to answer the following 3 questions in less than 300 words each:
- What is it about Macquarie University, Co-operative Education and either the Actuarial Studies OR Accounting discipline that motivates you to apply?
- How do you think the actuarial OR accounting profession will evolve over the next 10 years? What factors in the economic, technological and global environments will influence these changes?
- Co-op is a demanding program and requires a high level of commitment from students. Select one of your academic or extracurricular activities, and tell us how it has prepared you to succeed in a challenging program.
A separate application is required for each course.
HSC students and non-current school students will be notified the week beginning 9 November 2020 if they have been selected for an interview. IB students will be notified after their last exam.
To help you prepare for your interview, a 2 hour voluntary Interview Preparation Workshop will be held the week before the interview.
Interviews will be held at Macquarie University on 24-26 November 2020.
If you are successful at interview, you'll receive a conditional offer pending your final selection rank.
Our Future Students team is your first point of contact for all enquiries. You can call us or submit an enquiry online.