Macquarie University Co-op program application
In 2020, Macquarie University will offer the following courses as part of our Co-operative Education program (Co-op):
- Bachelor of Actuarial Studies with Professional Practice (Honours)
- Bachelor of Professional Accounting and Bachelor of Professional Practice
These highly competitive courses provide an opportunity for you to alternate between classroom studies and workplace experience in the form of three placements of three to six months each. This will allow you to apply the concepts you learn in the classroom in a professional context and to integrate your understanding from the workplace in your future studies.
Applications Open: 12:00pm on Wednesday 3 April 2019
Applications Close: 5:00pm on Friday 27 September 2019
To be considered for either of these courses, in addition to submitting this application form, you must also apply through the University Admissions Centre (UAC) and select the appropriate course as one of your preferences:
- Bachelor of Actuarial Studies with Professional Practice (Honours) (300238)
- Bachelor of Professional Accounting and Bachelor of Professional Practice (302222)
As part of the application process, you are required to answer the following 3 questions in less than 300 words each:
- What is it about Macquarie University, Co-operative Education and either the Actuarial Studies OR Accounting discipline that motivates you to apply?
- How do you think the actuarial OR accounting profession will evolve over the next 10 years? What factors in the economic, technology and global environments will influence these changes?
- Co-op is a demanding program and requires a high level of commitment from students. Select one of your academic or extracurricular activities, and tell us how it has prepared you to succeed in a challenging program.
A separate application is required for each course.
HSC students and non-current school students will be notified the week beginning 11 November 2019 if they have been selected for an interview. IB students will be notified after their last exam.
Interview Preparation Workshops will be held on:
- Tuesday, 19 November 2019 for the Actuarial Studies Co-op program.
- Wednesday, 20 November 2019 for the Professional Accounting Co-op program.
Interviews will be held at Macquarie University on 26, 27 or 28 November 2019.
If you are successful at interview, you'll receive a conditional offer pending your final selection rank.
Our Future Students team is your first point of contact for all enquiries. You can call us or submit an enquiry online.